The First Pregnancy Test [6]

James talked me into taking a test on Sunday between church services two days before we were suppose to test. 

I can't believe I am typing this but I took that test in a McDonald's bathroom and then hurried out to the car to wait for the results. It was negative. 

I had tried so hard to not get too excited or get my hopes up so much but I was heartbroken. We went on to church and I think I cried the entire service. I have no idea what the sermon was about that day. I ran out of the sanctuary as quickly as I could to try to avoid having to speak to anyone. James was right behind me trying to comfort me. 

James later apologized for being overzealous. He went to the Google and discovered that it is best to take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning and that it was too soon for us to test. Things I knew but was too excited to really care.


Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment