Inadequate. [9]

Sometimes I get sad thinking about how much my children have missed. My closest friends and sisters are done having children. The youngest of their children is 4. These kids that I have loved watching grow over the years, won't be around when my kids are old enough for playmates. They won't share inside jokes and have shared memories. I can't help but wonder who will fill in those places. 

I'm tired of having to preface my life with, "I don't have children but..." Meeting with my friends weekly that have 7 children between the 2 of them, the conversation is bound to turn to whichever child has been a pistol that week. I try to stay engaged as much as I can because this is something that is happening in the life of my friends. If I ever comment, I normally say, "I know I don't have kids but..." And finish with whatever experience I have from being a child on the receiving end. I may not know what it is like being the parent but I once was a child.


I hate the feelings of inadequacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment