It's Negative [13]

We didn't tell anyone the actual day I went to have my blood test done.  We wanted to be able to celebrate or mourn by ourselves.  I stopped to have my blood drawn on my way to work.  They said they would have my results to my doctor by the end of the day.  


James discovered in his research that it is best to do a blood test because that is going to be the most accurate (duh) rather than doing a home test.  Due to the crazy hormones and medications, you can test positive on an at home test but not actually be pregnant. 

Trying to concentrate on work was crazy talk.  In the afternoon, I found that I had a voicemail from one of the nurses.  I knew immediately from her tone of voice that it was negative.  She asked me to call her.  I went outside to call her and she broke the news.  Of course, I started crying.  I did my best to distract myself by going inside back to work. I hadn't been able to get in touch with James to let him know and I didn't want my coworkers to know before him.  It was so hard to keep my thoughts on anything but the BFN (Big Fat Negative). The nurse ended up calling me back after she had spoken to my doctor.  He wanted me to go the next day for another blood test because "stranger things have happened."  


I started my cycle later that night so there was no need to go take the test.  I went back for a follow up appointment the following week.  The doctor explained that my estrogen level during IVF was over 1,100.  In a normal cycle it is in the 200's.  He said that some doctors have stopped doing fresh transfers because of the crazy hormone levels from all the medications you are on to get your body to produce so many eggs at one time. He explained that he still does fresh because he felt there was still a good percentage for success.  


We wanted to do a frozen transfer right away but he said we needed to wait for my body to get back to normal.  So now we wait. And pray.  A lot.  We have the funds to do a single frozen transfer.  If this one doesn't work, we will either have to save up to try again or make a new plan.  

We are finally sharing this with all of our loved ones because we are asking for your prayers.  Please pray for a successful FET.  For stress levels to be low.  For our hearts to be healed.  For protection over the entire process.  Pray for us to not have gambled away all of this money with nothing to show for it but heartbreak.  

Please, just pray.  





****I feel that I should say that all of this is my own interpretation of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment