IUI #2 [7]

Two weeks after the negative test, we went back to Richmond for our 2nd IUI. It was during the week this time so I missed the morning of work and James missed the whole day. The doctor told us that if we didn't have success after the 3rd IUI, it was time to consider IVF. I was shocked. My friend that had referred us to the doctor had gotten pregnant (with twins! Yay!) after an IUI and a different medication. I had assumed that we would be following the same path. You know what happens when you assume, right?

Once the doctor explained that an IUI with the other medication wouldn't work for us because the problem seemed to be "male factor" which means that those little men aren't finding my egg. The doctor left the room for me to lay flat on my back again for 15 minute I tried not to but I dissolved into tears. With the first IUI, the sperm count was somewhere around 10 million.  Yes, you read the correctly-- 10 MILLION.  And not a single one could find my egg.  With this 2nd IUI, the sperm count had dropped to somewhere around 3 million.  Apparently that is considered low.  Who would have thought that 3 MILLION would be considered low???  

I felt so much pressure at that point. Not that there was really anything I could do about it.  We are not wealthy people. I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan and was working hard to follow his plan. We have lots of debts to pay off and now we were looking at having to pay around $15,000+ if we decided to pursue IVF? 

So. Much. Pressure.

A couple weeks later there was no need to take a test. 

My cycle had started. 


Early.



No comments:

Post a Comment